United Insurance Services, LTD.
Short Term Major Medical
A Short-Term Major Medical plan is a good option for those who are temporarily without group health insurance. Since the majority of people seeking individual health insurance need it as a temporary remedy, we highly recommend short -term medical insurance as an effective alternative.
Short term medical can protect you if you are between jobs, waiting for employer group coverage, a temporary employee or other similar circumstances. It is often reasonably priced and offers coverage for a period of about one to six months.
Temporary Health Insurance for 30-185 days
For People Who Are:
- Between Jobs or Laid Off
- Graduating from College
- Waiting for Group Insurance
- a dependent coming off Parent's Health Plan
Who Is Eligible For This Plan?
- Healthy individuals between the ages of 15 years and age 64 and 11 months, who have a temporary insurance need.
- Dependent children through age 20 (age 24 if full-time student) may be covered as dependents on their parent's plan.
- Foreign residents living in the U.S. for at least one year with proof of an Alien Registration Receipt Card, Green Card, Visa or other appropriate documentation